08495 was built at Doncaster Works in 1958 as D3510 and was initially allocated to Stratford.
In 1976 the loco was placed into store and was withdrawn in November 1981. Reinstated to
traffic in June 1985 it spent almost 30 years more in service, before going back into storage.
In 2009 the loco was fitted with remote control equipment to allow it to be driven from the
ground when shunting.
In December 2016, 08495 arrived at its new home on the NYMR and during 2017 was repainted into
BR blue livery.
At the start of 2018, it came through to Pickering P-Way yard in exchange for 08556, but on 31st
December, it returned to Grosmont for attention.