English Electric Co built this locomotive, similar to the BR class 11 shunter, in 1948.
It was one of three bought by ICI for use at Wilton. Named 'Redcar' there, it was sold
to some volunteers at the Mid Hants Railway in August 1982. After spending some time on
P-Way trains for that railway, it returned north in 1983.
Repainted into BR black and numbered as 12139, continuing the number series of the BR
class 11s, it was for a while renamed 'Neil D Barker' after a former NYMR driver. It is
based at Grosmont, and can usually be found on station or shed pilot duties.